Back

The Japanese Lyrics Thread! 日本語歌詞スレ

The Japanese Lyrics Thread

Here, I'll be posting meaningful or well-written lyrics that've caught my eye over the years I've spent listening to Japanese music. Hopefully this will provide a starting ground for you guys to find Japanese music that you like, or just let you be able to enjoy some good lyrics!

Feel free to contribute as well, I'm always on the lookout for fresh and original music Big Grin

Our first featured artist is 市子青葉 (いちこあおば), Ichiko Aoba. 

Quote:Ichiko Aoba (青葉市子) is a Japanese singer-songwriter born in 1990. She started playing classical guitar at the age of 17 and developed her own style of alt-folk.

She released her debut album, Kamisori Otome, in January 2010 at the age of 19. She has released four original albums thus far.

Aoba has actively performed in Japan since 2010, ranging from one-man live tours, stage appearances and soundtracks, to famous music festivals.

Along with being an adept guitarist, Ichiko-san writes poetic and awesome song lyrics that about being the survivors of a catastrophe or just plain awesome sci-fi worlds.

Without further ado, the featured song is a beautiful live performance of a song which tells a mesmerising and heartwrenching story:

Quote:青葉市子 - 機械仕掛乃宇宙(20131125) Shibuya WWW

あるところに 決して太陽の昇らない街がありました
浮かんでいうのは グレープフルーツぐらいの大きさと明るさと長いものの天体が一つ

ずっと忘れないで ずっと忘れないよ
不揃いの冷たい石を 並べただけのこの街で
ぼんやりとした太陽は うっすら僕を照らしてる

名も無い事で有名な なんにもできないこの僕は
街の誰からも蔑まれ 1人ぼっちで暮らしていた

朝の光を忘れてしまった人々にしてみれば
空を見上げてばかりいる
僕はまがいものさ
僕は愚か者さ
僕は笑い者さ
僕は除け者さ

暗闇の時が多すぎて
時は暗闇でありすぎて
人々はやがて夜明が来る事も忘れ
不平不満を口にして 夢を語り合わなくなったよ
だけれどもそう君だけは 街中でたった1人きり
決して光を忘れない 僕に笑顔を見せてくれる

ああ愛しの君よ
可愛い笑顔の君よ
僕の心の闇を照らし
あたためてくれた

傍に居てくれるなら
ぎゅっと抱き合えるなら
他に何にもいらない
愛しい君よ 愛しい君よ

君にいいもの見せてあげよう
なんにもできないこの僕が
全てをかけて こしらえた

機械仕掛けの宇宙

誰にも内緒だよ 誰にも内緒だよ

ほの暗い部屋の薄闇の中にほら、ひっそり隠れてる
丈夫な鉄骨と 精巧な歯車と 星を模したオブジェと
誰にも内緒だよ 2人だけの秘密だよ

機械仕掛けの宇宙は回り続ける
ゆっくり 静かに
こんな日がいつまでも続けばいいって思ってた

君がいなくなって 僕は抜け殻になって 泣いてばかりいたよ
宇宙は錆び付いて 星達も夢をなくして うつむいてばかりさ

機械仕掛けの宇宙は回り続ける
回り続ける
ゆっくり 静かに
こんな日がいつまでも続けばいいって思ってた

ずっと忘れないよ ずっと忘れないで
不揃いの冷たい石を
並べただけのこの街で
ぼんやりとした太陽は
うっすら僕を照らしてる

Thank you for reading this post and please look forward to the next featured song! Cool
Edited: 2016-04-06, 10:04 am
What a great idea! Part of my 2016 lesson plan I've made for myself is learning the lyrics to a few songs so I can sing along and/or get some passive exposure to intelligible Japanese. Part of my problem is finding decent music as I am very picky and most popular Japanese music makes me want to tear out my ears. The song you posted, while not exactly my cup of tea either is quite listenable and just as importantly to me, the lyrics are intelligible. Definitely looking forward to more of your posts. Thanks!
I made an Anki deck, a few years ago, with a few song lyrics, mostly pop songs: http://forum.koohii.com/thread-10427.html

They're in spreadsheet form, but it takes two minutes to import that into Anki.
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
Thanks for the contribution, Stansfield! I liked some of the songs in that post.

Today's featured song comes from a band called THE BLUE HEARTS.

Quote:The Blue Hearts (ザ・ブルーハーツ) was a popular Japanese punk rock band that performed from the latter half of the 1980s to the early half of the 1990s. Its members were Hiroto Kōmoto (vocalist), Masatoshi Mashima (guitarist), Junnosuke Kawaguchi (bassist) and Tetsuya Kajiwara (drummer). Mikio Shirai was not an official member of the band, but often toured with them as their keyboardist. Formed in 1985, the group made its major debut in May 1987, and released its first album, the self-titled The Blue Hearts, and followed that up with seven more albums. Though they started on an independent label, each album sold more copies than the previous one, with their last recording selling in the millions.

THE BLUE HEARTS was one of the most influential bands for Japanese music with their blend of high energy punk rock and catchy tunes. The live performances are absolutely phenomenal as well, with members jumping and dancing wildly on the stage and screaming into the mic.

Words don't do it justice:

Quote:THE BLUE HEARTS - 人にやさしく

気が狂いそう やさしい歌が好きで

ああ あなたにも聞かせたい

このまま僕は 汗をかいて生きよう

ああ いつまでもこのままさ

僕はいつでも 歌を歌う時は

マイクロフォンの中から

ガンバレって言っている

聞こえてほしい あなたにも

ガンバレ!

人は誰でも くじけそうになるもの

ああ 僕だって今だって

叫ばなければ やり切れない思いを

ああ 大切に捨てないで

人にやさしく してもらえないんだね

僕が言ってやる でっかい声で言ってやる

ガンバレって言ってやる

聞こえるかい ガンバレ

やさしさだけじゃ 人は愛せないから

ああ なぐさめてあげられない

期待はずれの 言葉を言う時に

心の中では ガンバレって言っている

聞こえてほしい あなたにも
ガンバレ!

The song name translates to "Be Nice To People". What more needs to be said? It just makes me feel great every time I listen to this especially when I imagine how much fun the band members must be having.

Please stay tuned for the next post where I switch up the genres even more. Hang on tight! Cool
If anyone is interested in learning lyrics, this Supermemo Q&A states you can study it as clozed delete cards. This can easily be applied to Anki.

More info: http://wiki.supermemo.org/index.php?titl...ong_lyrics
Cool idea for a thread, risu_! And yeah, I also like 人にやさしく, although my first exposure to it wasn't the original version, but the opening to the anime Rolling Girls:

The anime features covers of lots of other songs by THE BLUE HEARTS, although by far the best musical number in the show is actually an original song:

Anyway, more on topic, I used to have a book called 歌から学ぶ日本語, which introduced grammatical concepts via lyrics to popular Japanese songs - mostly either children's songs like めだかの兄弟 or "oldies" like 川の流れのように. The song in that book whose lyrics I liked the most though was one called 誰もいない海 by the duo トワ・エ・モワ.

Quote:誰もいない海
歌:トワ・エ・モワ
作詞:山口洋子
作曲:内藤法美

今はもう秋 誰もいない海
知らん顔して 人がゆきすぎても
わたしは忘れない
海に約束したから
つらくても つらくても
死にはしないと

今はもう秋 誰もいない海
たったひとつの夢が 破れても
わたしは忘れない
砂に約束したから
淋しくても 淋しくても
死にはしないと

今はもう秋 誰もいない海
いとしい面影 帰らなくても
わたしは忘れない
空に約束したから
ひとりでも ひとりでも
死にはしないと

ひとりでも ひとりでも
死にはしないと
ルルル ルルルル・・・

While this isn't the version of the song it first got famous in, I think having it sung a bit slower than the original and by older singers actually adds depth and believability to it. The lyrics don't reveal much specific information about the singer's experiences, but the overall feeling of longing and the occasional line here and there hint at a bittersweet story of love, loss and perseverance. I don't really think of myself as a sentimental person, but something about these lyrics just gets me every time.
Just found a new reason to listen to jpop: きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ

ゆめのはじまりんりん is my fave so far.

The fact that she's also super-cute is entirely coincidental.

ゆめのはじまりんりん Wrote:今まで 色んなホントいい思い出たち
トランクに 押し込み 忘れはしないよ
これから 未来は 自分次第なのでしょ
わくわく の切符を買いに行くよ

グッバイ ティーチャー マイフレンズ
旅立ちの際の ドキドキ
すっぱい キャンディーのリップス
知らない 都会に ご期待
グッバイ ティーチャー マイフレンズ
ありがとう 勇気ください
ボクだけの部屋から ゆめのはじまりんりん

これまで 毎日 歩いた この道
しばらく 見られない さみしく 思うよ
明日に 期待と 不安を 感じて
さよなら 必ず叶えたいから

グッバイ ティーチャー マイフレンズ
旅立ちの際の ドキドキ
すっぱい キャンディーのリップス
かみ締め こらえる 涙も
グッバイ ティーチャー マイフレンズ
ありがとう 勇気ください
ボクだけの部屋から ゆめのはじまりんりん
Edit: 歌詞 from here btw.
Edited: 2016-04-24, 3:33 am
I'm not really into Japanese music, but I love the intro of k-on it always puts me in a good mood for some reason:

Lyrics: http://www.kasi-time.com/item-41990.html
This music video has been making its rounds on the Japanese internet lately it seems. Music video is required for it to be amusing. Basically goes through every Japanese music video trope.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28691468

Quote:カメラ目線で歩きながら歌う
急に横からメンバー出てくる
突然カメラを手で隠して
次のカットで場所移動している
倍速になって スローになって
コマ撮りになってゆく
モノクロの映像 淡い映像
わざとざらついた映像

無意味に分身するよね

「ミュージクビデオにおける女の子の演出講座」はい
①泣かす ②踊らす ③音楽聴かす ④窓にもたれさす ⑤倒れさす
①泣かす ②踊らす ③音楽聴かす ④窓にもたれさす ⑤倒れさす

二分割で男女を歩かせて最終的に出会わせる
仲いい人とかお世話になってる人を別録りで歌わせる
アナログテレビ何台か並べて砂嵐流しとく
ラーメン屋の見習いっぽいやつに店の前で落ち込ませとく

Creation Creation Creation 音楽と
Creation Creation Creation 映像が
毎回絡まり合い手を取り合い
ドンピシャのタイミングでパンッ!
「はい、カット」が聞こえるような
ゆるぎなき制作意欲は作り手の願い
狂いなき眼差しは受け取り手の思い
一億人に届け、MUSIC VIDEO!Oh

オシャレな夜の街映しとけ
光も適当にぼかしとけ
意味深に果物持っとけ
そしてケーキを顔面にぶつけとけ
気に入ってる歌詞を画面いっぱいに貼り付けて感受性を揺さぶれ!
ビンタされとけ
交差点に立っとけ
オフショットの笑顔が素敵

壊せ!燃やせ!
フェンス越しに儚げな顔
とりあえず とりあえず
目的もなく浜辺を歩け
何らかのテーマを持った 何だかのキャラクター

わー、わー、
な、何のメッセージ性やこれ
なになになになに?
え、え、え、え、どういう
え、え、どういう気持ちで見てたらいいの?
え、え、もったいない、もったいないもったいない、も
なになに
何のメッセージ性やねんこれ

外でギター弾いてるけど、電源は引いてない
何かを拾って 振り返る

Creation Creation Creation 音楽と
Creation Creation Creation 映像が
毎回絡まり合い手を取り合い
ドンピシャのタイミングでパンッ!
「はい、カット」が聞こえるような
ゆるぎなき制作意欲は作り手の願い
狂いなき眼差しは受け取り手の思い
一億人に届け MUSIC VIDEO!Oh

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,
Woow, Woow, Woow, Woow,
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
ん’’〜

(「はい、カット」
あー、お疲れ様でした。
ここもまだ使ってるんでしょ?
これまだ回してるんでしょ、カメラ、これMUSIC VIDEOの最後に
この「はい、カット」って言ってからお疲れ様でしたっていうところからまだ使ってるでしょ、これ
ようあるんすよ、そういうムービーね。
そういうMUSIC VIDEOようあるんすわ、ほんまに。)

Lyrics copied from here.
For many years I did not care at all for Japanese music, but I keep discovering good stuff, one by one =).

This is my go-to feel good song. Nice and simple and catchy.

Quote:次と その次と その次と線を引き続けた
次の目的地を描くんだ
宝島

このまま君を連れて行くと
丁寧に描くと
揺れたり震えたりした線で
丁寧に描く
と決めていたよ

次も その次も その次もまだ目的地じゃない
夢の景色を探すんだ
宝島

このまま君を連れて行くと
丁寧に歌うと
揺れたり震えたりしたって
丁寧に歌う
と決めてたけど

このまま君を連れて行くよ
丁寧に描くよ
揺れたり震えたりしたって
丁寧に歌うよ

それでも君を連れて行くよ
揺れたり震えたりした線で
描くよ
君の歌を

This is really catchy, and the lyrics are quite interesting. Full of useful idioms Tongue. At first everything by 「わたしい外私じゃないの」just sounded like melodic mumbling to me tho.

Quote:私以外私じゃないの

冴えない顔で泣いちゃった夜を重ねて
絶え間のない暮らしを今日も重ねた
良くなりそうな明日に期待する度に
何度も今日を鏡台の裏に隠した
映る私は何回も瞬きしては
変わる心に簡単に動揺したわ
だけど意外と目を瞑った瞬間に
悪くないなって思いながら明日を悟ったんだ

私以外私じゃないの
当たり前だけどね
だから報われない気持ちも整理して
生きていたいの
普通でしょう?

殻を破った気になってる誰かの声がしたけど
殻にこもったはずだった私はもうそこにはいない
私になってみてよ、ねえ
私になってみたいんでしょ?
声にならない言葉で自分が煙に巻かれた

恥ずかしくて言えないけど
私にしか守れないものを
身を削って紡いだら
案外さ、悪くないかもよ

私以外私じゃないの
当たり前だけどね
だから報われない気持ちも整理して
生きていたいと思うのよ
私以外私じゃないの
誰も替われないわ
今日を取り出して逃げないようにして
明日に投げ込んで目を開けたんだ

私以外私じゃないの
どうやらあなたもそう
誰も替われないってことみたいね
背を向けて言い合った
だから私はもう怖くないんだ
夜更け過ぎを待つわ
今日も報われない気持ちを整理して生きてたいって思うの
息を吸い込んだ

This was the first Japanese song I ever liked, and I used it when I was studying. The lyrics are maybe more badass than what you'd use IRL.

Quote:街角は色めく
少女らの縄張り
寂しがりなおさげ
旋風に揺れて

耳障りな誘惑
花椿の香り
雲無しの午後には
僕の修羅が騒ぐ

焼け付く想いは憂い募らせる
重なる面影を見つけては頂垂れている

一、だれか僕の
二、火を消して
三、飛ばしてくれ
四、イエイエ

駆け抜けた一撃
エレキテルびりびり
悩ましげなまつげ
そこはかとなくだるい

燻る思いは憂い募らせる
あの日の思い出を薄めては大人びていく

一、だれか僕に
二、火をつけて
三、燃やしてくれ
四、イエイエ

My favourite Japanese band <3 The vocalist has an incredibly clear voice, so he's great when you want to pick up what he's saying, though the lyrics aren't always straightforward.

Quote:十万度の太陽を抱きしめた時
砂漠になった僕の頭は
吹き抜ける風に冷やされる度に
涙の雨の水滴がきらめいた

指先で触れるだけ

誰の胸も音を立てず粉々になるだろう
その欠片が散らばっても 集めたりしないで
満月の向こうに何を見ていたの?
砕けた星の海

十万度の体温で抱きしめてくれた
あの娘のことを助けたいなら

指先で触れるだけ
傷あとを開くだけ

何もかもを照らし出して粉々になっても
輝くため燃やしたもの 忘れたりしないで

満月の向こうの闇を見ていたの?
砕けた星の海

誰の胸も音を立てず粉々になるだろう
その欠片が散らばっても 集めたりしないで
満月の向こうで 満月の向こうで
満月の向こうで神は見ていたの?

砕けた星の海
流れ星の最期
Great posts everyone. Nice to see the thread taking off.

anotherjohn, I liked some of her songs too. I watched one of her MVs a couple years ago and it was stuck in my head for a week.

Kuroro, I couldn't get through the entire anime because it was too boring but I felt that that was generally one of the better songs. Smile  I hope you don't hate me now (汗)

And zx573... I lost my shit so hard at that video. It was probably the funniest thing I've seen all month Big Grin

Zgarbas, that Sakanaction song is just fantastic. I've heard it lots of times before but never really bothered to listen to the lyrics, but this music video was very entertaining. And the second song... I've listened to ゲスの極み乙女 before but I didn't really like it because the sound was too generic and the vocalist sounded like a clone of indigo la end's vocalist, only to realise just now that they are in fact the same person. Silly me.

Without further ado...

tricot (トリコ)

Quote:tricot is an alternative rock band formed in Kyoto in September 1, 2010. The band consists of 3 female founding members, Ikkyu Nakajima (vocals / guitar), Motoko “Motifour” Kida (guitar / backing vocals), and Hiromi “hirohiro” Sagane (bass / backing vocals). Their ex-drummer Kazutaka Komaki joined in May, 2011 and left on March 24, 2014.

The band develops a very unique world with perfectly mixed elements of pure, fragile but strong vocals and thrilling, unpredictable but addictive song transition. The band’s experimental music primarily consists of melodic post-rock-inspired sounds and complex rhythm reminiscent of math rock. Their live performance is far more vibrant and intense than you could expect from their appearances and is highly praised by fans and media.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't know anything about music theory, but something about this math rock thing must work if all their songs are

so 

damn

catchy.

And what better time to bring up this band than when they just released a new EP?

Quote:爆裂パニエさん

作詞:中嶋イッキュウ
作曲:キダ先輩

プランクトンに侵された感情
溺れて消えた

深海で終わらせようとしたんだ

嫌い 白い肌の生暖かさ
痛いくらいが僕には調度良いと
以来、それは君だけの感覚
違う違うもっと 仕様が無いと言いたい

「生きるように生きるさ」

全てを披露出来ぬまま
僕が僕を終えるのは思ったよりも悲しいと
ちょっとしたオフホワイトの箱に
感情移入してみた
嘘を吐いているのは僕なのか
はたまたただの野次馬の君か
想像の管理も上手に行えていないくせに
僕は人をダマせるほど頭が良くは無いだろうし
本当の事を全て話すほど「馬鹿」じゃない
それを嘘と真実の境界線を消す為だけに
ただ踊り続けているだけの
「馬鹿」野郎だと

君は言った

嫌い 白い肌の生暖かさ 痛いくらいが僕には調度良いと
以来、それは君だけの感覚 違う違うもっと
仕様が無いと 言って居たいだけ
Edited: 2016-04-27, 3:59 am
@risu_ Good choice Big Grin
That's my favorite song by tricot.

Unrelated to the thread exactly, but I ended up meeting and taking a picture with the band by chance when they were buying some food before a concert last year. I was a nervous as hell but they were pretty nice. The guitarist apparently majored in English so her English is pretty good, according to another friend who got to speak with her at the bar after the concert.
That's awesome man. Apparently they came to my city last year to play for one night but I totally missed it  Sad
You missed out on a really good show then. They played songs from all of their albums, so they played things like 爆裂パニエさん and MATSURI, which were the two I was hoping for. Plus they crowd surfed, which was awesome (even considering Hiromi knocked my glasses off when she fell on top of me Sad).
Maybe if I buy enough of their EP they'll come here again Big Grin
Here is my contribution. ONE OK ROCK's 「じぶんROCK」 . I pretty much listen to their music all day. Also it's a major plus that the entire band is gorgeous <3 (esp Take, the singer  Blush )

EDIT: a bit of history about the band

Quote:The band's name, One Ok Rock, comes from "one o'clock", the time that the band used to practice on weekends. They chose to play at one o'clock in the morning because it was cheaper to use the rehearsal space during such hours. However, noticing that the Japanese language made no distinction between r's and l's, they changed "o'clock" to "o'crock" (or "o'krock"), which was then separated to become "ok rock".[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Ok_Rock

Quote:.じぶんROCK (Modify)

Lyricist:Taka
Composer:Taka

今日も君は信じること
忘れずに目覚められていますか?
時が経つと自分さえも信じれなくなる時代のようです
自分では気付かないのがこの症状の特徴で
唯一ある予防法…は
「自分にウソだきゃつかない事」

忘れてたまるもんかよ!!
僕がボクじゃなくなったら
たとえ生きてたって生きてる意味すら見つからんだろ
声にならない叫びは僕が声を枯らして
叫んで歌って伝わるまでわめいて
届くまで止めない!!

今日も地球(キミ)は回り続ける
誰が泣いても怒っても止まらず
ためしに僕が…
風邪をひいてももちろん止まる事なんてねーわ!!
人生も同じように止まる事はなく進むし
だから そうさ今日も人はお手手のシワとシワをあわせんの!!

終わらせちまう事なんか 誰にだってできんだろ?!
たとえ 終わっちまったって 次のスタート すぐきれんだろ?!
今キミが思うキセキも 底上げさせてしまえば
もう その時点でそのキセキは君にとっちゃ必然のお仲間さ!!

WOW!!何回ダメダメと言われようが
実際問題そんなん関係なくて
今、自分自身 必要なものたくわえて そろえとけよ!!
なぁ そうだろ?! まだ まだ!! 時間はまだあんぞ!!
先見の明 今は とぎすまして
主人公は一人だけ!! 自分の物語のはじまり!!
Edited: 2016-04-27, 3:11 pm
No worries risu Big Grin besides I love this thread and these last three songs you guys posted (supernova, 爆裂パニエさん andじぶんROCK) all sound great Big Grin
This week's song goes out to all the beginners out there who might have trouble understanding harder song lyrics.  Big Grin

(You probably don't even need to look at the lyrics for this one)
Quote:花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ

花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ

ここにいてくれて嬉しいよ 本当の気持ちなんだ
君の過ごしたすべてに 僕から花束を

花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ
花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ

僕は君のことを見てる 君は僕のことを見てる
君がいる世界の証に 手向けよう 花束を

花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ
花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ

あの日の笑顔に花束をあげるよ
汚れた靴のままで歩いてきたね
いつかの涙に花束をあげるよ
今日の嘘も抱きしめるよ どこにいても

花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ
花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ
花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ
花束をあげるよ みんな愛してるよ

The song comes from a recently released album by the band AL called 心の色紙. AL is formed by the original members of the band andymori, a band that I liked a lot but sadly disbanded a few years ago. As you can probably tell, their style has matured a lot over the years, becoming slower and more melodic.

Now I have a bit of history with their music. Way back before I even started learning Japanese, I listened to lots of Japanese music (without knowing what any of it meant of course) and just enjoyed the rhythm and melody of the songs. But one day I stumbled upon a translation of one of my favourite songs, and the lyrics gave the song that was just average at best actual meaning. I had been completely oblivious to the fact that this was what the song was about! And then I thought, how many of my favourite songs had lyrics as awesome as this one?  And it was at that moment that I decided to start learning Japanese.

Quote:andymori - モンゴロイドブルーズ

大陸側のアンチドリアンは

日曜日の昼下がりにdylala
大陸側のアンチドリアンは
まったく得意げにバニラシェイクを注文
ナショナリズム ナショナリズム
純血混血混血純血

Mama said Papa said dylaladyla
恋はあせらず dylaladyla
Mama said Papa said dylaladylala

島国の王は大陸直系の
優しい顔でまたかき混ぜる
アイスコーヒー 大陸ベイビー
あのベイビー so sweet,
so cute dylalalalalala!!
モンゴロイド モンゴロイド
純血混血混血混血純血

Mama sard Papa said dylaladyla
恋はあせらず dylaladyla
Mama sard Papa said dylaladylala

大陸側のアンチドリアン
大陸側のアンチシャイニーズ
ナショナリズム ナショナリスム

恋はあせらず dylaladyla
恋はあせらず dylaladyla
恋はあせらず dylaladyla
Mama said Papa said dylaladylalalalalala
Edited: 2016-06-16, 11:30 am
https://youtu.be/cteHJ9xKzKs

https://choronghi.wordpress.com/2015/08/...nese-rock/
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/...ice_newans

【 レジスタンス 】
https://youtu.be/cteHJ9xKzKs
「 安心な僕らは いつでも旅に出ようぜ 」
言うはず無い言葉は 何でも歌に詰め込め

She’ll never know
Tomorrow never knows

※ 抵抗して 意味があるの ?
ねえ どうして そればかりで

愛情って
何もかも あげなけりゃ 育てられないの ?

めそめそして
愛ではないよ きっと違うよ
めそめそして
こんなにも 今 そばに居るのに
どうして Yeah

[ 間 奏 ]

完全に 意味無く やる気を出す真夜中に
賢明な僕は やっぱり明日にするよ

She’ll never know
Tomorrow never knows

※ 繰り返し

熱狂して Yeah Yeah
Edited: 2016-06-16, 4:38 pm
It's Friday night, which means that I'm writing another post about lyrics!

This one is from an up and coming indie band, never young beach, which has been hailed as the second coming of Happy End with their chill and laidback style (it kind of reminds me of Los Indios Tabajaras). You don't need to understand the lyrics to understand what they're singing about. Just give it a try:

Quote:never young beach - どんな感じ

僕の街は コンクリートジャングル
夏は暑く 人混みはみんみん
冬は寒く 積もる雪は汚れ
僕の街は それが当たり前さ

田舎者は 随分辛そうだ
オレンジ色 ゴミが舞う夕暮れ
空を見れば 煙りだってもくもく
僕の街は それが当たり前さ

山は何処にも無いんです
川も何処にも無いんです

君の町は どんな景色なんだい?
土の匂い 畦道を抜ければ
いい感じの 森の中でゆっくり
空を見れば 雲が流れて行く

山はたくさんあるんです
川もたくさんあるんです

I was really enthralled with the lyrics of this song because it echoed my sentiments of how shitty city life can be sometimes, especially in hotter periods. Funnily it reminded me of my time spent in New Zealand -- lovely country by the way, lots of nature, fresh air and hiking to do for all fitness levels -- which was a sharp contrast to suffering from the hot gases rising from the tarmac.

What about you? What place did this song's lyrics remind you of? Big Grin
Edited: 2016-06-24, 12:26 pm
Nice song! Reminds me of my old country, the Philippines! I went there for vacation 2 years ago and this song just brings me back Smile

My contribution is P'UNK ~EN~CIEL's Dune. Basically it is L'arc-en-Ciel but they switched positions hehe. I mean just look at how cool they look! Hyde's entire outfit and Yuki's gas mask are the best xD

• Hyde is lead guitar instead of singing
  • Tetsuya is singing instead of bass (btw LOVE his voice  Heart )
  • Yukihiro is bass instead of drums
  • Ken is drums instead of lead guitar

OG Dune with L'arc:

Confused it's...different. I just prefer the cover (technically NOT a cover since it's the same band) of the song.

[EDIT] Don't get me wrong, I love L'arc! Just the OG song is beyond weird.

Quote:砂の街は今日も夜が来るのを待ち
静かに月の下宴を始める
許されぬ行為消えてゆく足の跡
息を切らし微笑む二人

歓喜の歌声砂丘に広がり
誰も気付くことなく遠くまで伝える
許されぬ行為消えてゆく足の跡
息を切らし微笑む二人

月に照らされ目を閉じて そっと絡まる
形を変えて崩れゆく
眠りが誘う
月に照らされ目を閉じて そっと絡まる
形を変えて崩れゆく
二人は砂になる

歌声は止絶える 月は薄れはじめ
砂丘にはもう誰も…

砂の街は今日も恋を知ることなく
静かに月の下 宴を始める

許されぬ行為消えてゆく足の跡
息を切らし微笑む二人

月に照らされ目を閉じて そっと絡まる
形を変えて崩れゆく
眠りが誘う
月に照らされ目を閉じて そっと絡まる
形を変えて崩れゆく
二人は砂になる

Lyrics are identical for both songs. Poetic as always in L'arc fashion. Cool
Edited: 2016-06-25, 12:19 am
This time we have a song from acclaimed Japanese singer Yakushimaru Etsuko! Also the vocalist for her band 相対性理論 which is really good too by the way. This song is from her album RADIO ONSEN UTOPIA and touches very lightly on space, time, relativity and ... UFOs?!

What makes it special is that I've heard this song probably a hundred times but I only actually tried listening to it last week. That means listening to the lyrics, by the way. And it's one of those ti where the lyrics make the song. The drums are a close contender though.

Quote:やくしまるえつこ 『ロンリープラネット』

Hello, Sound Only
マイクチェック、ワン・ツー
ちょっとだけロンリー
すぐに帰る帰る帰る

Hello, Souod Only
マイクチェック、ワン・ツー
今日は何曜日?
I'll I'll I'll I'll be Home

そっちの暮らしはどうだい 地球は青いまま?
とんととんととんととんととんと 目視もできなくなって
水金地火木土天海冥 レンズ越し覗いて
なすすべもなくただ便りを待つよ

そっちの暮らしはどうだい 画像添付で頂戴
そっちの暮らしはどうだい 梅干し食べたい
暮らし安心そうかい? 戸締まり注意
そっちの暮らしはどうだい 身体に気をつけて

Hello, Sound Only
マイクチェック、ワン・ツー
ちょっとだけロンリー
すぐに帰る帰る帰る

こっちの暮らしはboredom 地球は今氷河期?
とんととんととんととんととんと 気配も感じなくなって
一・十・百・千・一万光年 指折り数えて
なすすべもなくただラジオを聞くよ

こっちの暮らしはboredom ひとっこひとりいないや
こっちの暮らしはboredom まるで王様
暮らしを見守るデンジャー 隕石注意
こっちの暮らしはboredom また手紙書くね

Hello, Sound Only
マイクチェック、ワン・ツー
ちょっとだけロンリー
すぐに帰る帰る帰る

すっかり忘れてないかい 地球は回ってそうさ
とんととんととんととんととんと 電波も入らなくなって
アンテナ一本宇宙にたてても携帯は無反応
なすすべもなくただメールをうつよ

すっかり忘れてないかい 地上の恋人よ
すっかり忘れてないかい 嘘だって言って
切手張り忘れドンマイ 宛名に注意
すっかり忘れてないかい 返信されたし

Hello, Sound Only
マイクチェック、ワン・ツー
ちょっとだけロンリー
すぐに帰る帰る帰る

必ず帰るよベイビー 地球の軌道はどこ?
とんととんととんととんととんと 見当もつかなくなって
浦島太郎も引き返すような辺境の星で
なすすべもなくただ任務をこなす

必ず帰るよベイビー 時空の歪みを観測
必ず帰るよベイビー タクシー呼んで
お土産買ったよベイビー 老化に注意
必ず帰るよベイビー 迎えにきてね

Hello, Sound Only
マイクチェック、ワン・ツー
ちょっとだけロンリー
すぐに帰る帰る帰る

ダメかもしれないソーリー 地球よ傍にいて
とうととうととうととうととうとう UFOもいなくなって
一万光年先では気象が異常なショウタイム
なすすべもなくただ終わりを待つよ

ダメかもしれないソーリー 燃料が尽きそうさ
ダメかもしれないソーリー 涙がしょっぱい
最後の通信オーライ? 未来に注意
ダメかもしれないソーリー じゃあ行くねバイバイ

And if you're a beginner or just find this too hard for you, check out the English translation I wrote for it. I've been dabbling in translating quite a bit recently to see if it fits me, but please leave some feedback!

では、またっ!
Edited: 2016-08-22, 6:02 am
@risu_: The real MVP is the Dimtakt in my opinion. You don't really pay attention to it until you know it. It's a custom made instrument she uses on a lot of her solo stuff. You can hear it right at the very beginning of Lonely Planet, even.

Such a neat little instrument that I would love to play around.
Because I'm a huge 陰陽座 fan, I'll stick this here. (Though I don't expect this video to work for too long; their record company is pretty good at keeping their music off YouTube without nuking cover videos... Also why this is a live version)

羅刹(らせつ) Wrote:寧悪(ねいあく)なる貌形(ほうぎょう) 闇に紛れて
怨み辛(つら)み纏(まと)いて立つ

静寂(せいじゃく)なる真秀(まほ)ら場(ば) 酸鼻(さんび)を極め
月の貌(かお)も朱に染まる

暴(ぼう) 憎(そう) 念(ねん)
血達磨(ちだるま)の族(うから) 呪いを込めて
烙印(らくいん) 押さるる鬼は

忘れじの追儺(ついな)と紊(みだ)る汚吏(おり)の流れ
聨亘(れんこう)の罪 連れを枕(ま)かれ
手くろもの相応(ふさい)の拷(ごう)を以(も)ち贖(あがな)え
淵謀(えんぼう)の荼毘(だび) 怨(おん)は絶えぬと

啓白(けいはく)する内憤(ないふん) 神に疎(うと)まれ
継(つ)ぎの吾子(あこ)も呆気(あけ)に縊(くび)れる

暴 憎 念
火達磨(ひだるま)族 救い求めて
経絡(けいらく) 突かるる餓鬼(がき)は

忘れじの追儺と紊る汚吏の流れ
聨亘の罪 連れを枕かれ
手くろもの相応の拷を以ち贖え
淵謀の荼毘 怨は絶えぬと

暴 憎 念
茹(う)だる魔の嬰児(えいじ) 挿(す)げる鬼殿(おにどの)
脈々 続く蛇道(じゃどう)は

忘れじの追儺と紊る汚吏の流れ
聨亘の罪 連れを枕かれ
手くろもの相応の拷を以ち贖え
淵謀の荼毘 怨は絶えぬと
Thankfully someone already copied that out of the booklet so I don't have to...

Lovely imagery, no?
As much as I love music (and play it), I'm terrible at describing sounds and why I like a song, but I'll try for a bit. The vocals, as with many of 陰陽座's songs, are very well balanced (Kuroneko's super high tones against Matatabi's midrange notes), and the forceful bits give anchorage for the flowy bits. The fact that Matatabi plays his bass like a guitar most of the time (and you can actually hear it) allows Maneki and Karukan to play at just about any octave without moving the overall tone of music too much.
Doesn't really describe this song in particular better than most of their other songs (aside from the ones that can give you diabeetus), but that's what I like about their sound in general.

I hope that made even an ounce of sense... Just listen to the music instead of me.
Hello minnasan! Thought I'd add another ONE OK ROCK song (if it's not already obvious, I'm quite the fangirl xD ).

存在証明 by ONE OK ROCK. If you notice, there is a slight difference in the studio vs live as at the time the song was recorded, they were a 5 member band. Then the live version it was down to 4 as it is still to this day. You can read about why the 5th member left the band here.

Live:

Studio version:

Quote:背伸びして見えたもの まだ早過ぎた光景?
見たくはない触れたくはないモノだらけでこわばる感情
正常とは何?聞きたくなるほどに入り乱れた世界[きょう]に
片足入れたまんま

How crazy!? 叫ぶ声も溶けては深海へ
Rescue me now!!
呼吸ができる世界に・・・
そして浅い眠りから僕らを解放へと導いてよ

夢にまで見たような世界とははたして
いったいぜんたいどんな色や形をしているんだろうか?