Back

Furitsuki - Furgiana Adder

Stylized as 振り付き, this simple CLI application adds furigana to text, outputting in the Anki format.

Downloads
Releases can be found at https://github.com/stephenmac7/furitsuki/releases

Usage
Usage instructions can be found at https://github.com/stephenmac7/furitsuki...-furitsuki

Why is this any better than the "Japanese support" plugin for Anki?
As it's a standalone application, you can process text files with it, create scripts which use it, and other cool things. Of course, scripting might be a little difficult with current output, due to its usage of the Anki format. I might look into output in different formats (such as JSON).

Most importantly, though, Furitsuki creates nicer furigana: It connects the readings to characters from which they originate. An example might clear up what I mean:
Code:
Furitsuki: 同じ失敗を繰り返すな。→ 同[おな]じ 失[しっ]敗[ぱい]を 繰[く]り 返[かえ]すな。
Others:    同じ失敗を繰り返すな。→ 同[おな]じ 失敗[しっぱい]を 繰り返[くりかえ]すな。

Anki plugin?
Github | AnkiWeb
If you already have the Japanese support plugin, make sure to uninstall it or read about fixing the conflicts.

Why is the file so gigantic?
It's a fat jar, so it includes everything it needs to run. That includes jcore and its dependencies, along with the scala stdlib, which is pretty big on its own.

I want to make this better! What do I do?
Thank you so much for your interest! I would greatly appreciate pull requests. The main logic here is found in jcore, so please direct most changes there. However, if you want to enhance the actual CLI, just send in a pull request to the repository.

Something isn't working! Help!
If you think it might be just you, ask in this thread. Otherwise, create an issue for jcore

Sometimes it gives me weird readings. What's going on?
Furitsuki uses UniDic, and sometimes top results from UniDic seem to have less common readings. Examples:
  • 私 → わたくし
  • 日本→にっぽん
  • 玩具→がんぐ
Edited: 2016-02-14, 4:29 pm
This is brilliant, I'm currently using a hack where I have a dummy Anki installation and call the plugin from the command line, but this is more elegant.  Can't wait to try it.  Many thanks!
I like how it fills on a per kanji basis. I may consider making the switch.
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
(2016-02-12, 4:56 pm)stephenmac7 Wrote: Sometimes it gives me weird readings. What's going on?
Furitsuki uses UniDic, and sometimes top results from UniDic seem to have less common readings. Examples:
  • 私 → わたくし
  • 日本→にっぽん
  • 玩具→がんぐ

Would it be possible to add something to the generated furigana when there's more than one result? That way you'd know that you should check/fix that word, while you can probably trust everything that hasn't been marked.
I'll probably switch to this eventually. I made this minor update to the japanese plugin: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/2062803440

It allows you to have the bulk add option for multiple fields, which is useful if you have j-j cards. Maybe you could consider adding similar functionality?
Edited: 2017-04-26, 1:49 am