Back

What age are you?

undead_saif Wrote:Maybe make a Japanese learning band? And take the name "Weeaboos" HAHA!
That's like naming an indie band "the Hipsters", no body wants to admit they fall under this category, and calling it that ironically makes it worse. Maybe we should call the band "the Hipsters' but write it in katakana.
Edited: 2013-06-15, 2:17 pm
Am coasting towards 50 and have shoes that are older than most people here Smile ....

In view of the comments re mileage vs chronology, it would be fair odds therefore that I am twice your age with half your experience.
Edited: 2013-06-15, 4:22 pm
tashippy Wrote:That's like naming an indie band "the Hipsters", no body wants to admit they fall under this category, and calling it that ironically makes it worse. Maybe we should call the band "the Hipsters' but write it in katakana.
It's either you over thought this or I didn't really get it!
Anyway, would it be ヒップスターズ? Big Grin

I think I'll make the thread soon, maybe by the weekend :O

EDIT: BTW, I just noticed I'm turning 24 not 25! Wow, this sounds really weird. I always miscalculate my age!
Edited: 2013-06-16, 6:12 am
(March 20-31) All Access Pass: 25% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS! 
Coupon: ALLACCESS2017
JapanesePod101
theasianpleaser Wrote:
theasianpleaser Wrote:27 will be 28 in a few months.

Never really thought about my age until I saw this thread
Posted the above comment in November 2008. I had been in Japan a little more than a year and finished RTK 1 in 2.5 months.

Now coming up on 6 years in Japan and kanji is a daily part of my job and life. Mr. T and shakuhachi still occasionally enter my mind when I casually glance at a headline Smile
Oh God, I really hope Mr. T and shakuhachi and Spiderman fulfil their roles for me long before 6 years pass, haha
Started with RTK 2 weeks ago after learning the Kana for a week and now at frame 250. =)
Cakecicle Wrote:15
Started with RTK 2 weeks ago after learning the Kana for a week and now at frame 250. =)
Sounds like you're off to a good start! Welcome to the forum. ^_^
I'm 27
Been doing RTK since september 14, 2012
I have finished, but I'm still reviewing every day!
Since August, 2013
I've been going out of order in RTK, but I have done 794 frames total so far.
Started RTK in July 2015
I'm doing RTK-Lite with Japanese keywords. Completed 717 frames so far, starting frame 1853 today.

Started studying Japanese in 1992 (age 17) and did one year high school exchange. Made first attempt at JLPT in December 2015 and passed N3. Wife is Japanese and we (try to) speak it to the kids. That's something that gets harder as the kids get older. Interestingly, it took months to break my wife's very funny habit of blurting out kanji pronunciations when she sees me struggling during RTK reviews in Anki.
I just turned 15. And have been studying Japanese since the 1st of July in 2015. I was 13 back then, and I finished Heisig the 24th of July in 2015.

If people are interested, I've finished Genki I and II and am currently working with An Integrated Approach To Intermediate Japanese.
19 but I look like I'm 15.
Finished RTK1 more than a year ago, learning some new RTK3 and non-RTK kanji atm.
jesus, I registered in this forum in 2008, almost 10 years ago. I'm now 25.
"What's my age again?"

--Blink 182