Back

Anki Small Questions Thread

(2016-06-25, 9:25 pm)Aristi Wrote: Hey everyone! 
About the Anki app in the cellphone is there a way to transfer the data to another device?
I am about to change my phone and, while I have no doubt that I can keep the decks, I am not so sure about my progress throughout it.
Will I have to start all over again from zero?

Just sync your deck to the web server (If you're not doing so yet, create a free account and do so.)
Make sure you know your login credentials even if it means creating a new account.
On the new phone, set your login credentials and you'll be able to download any synced deck.
At times I finish my reviews on anki mobile (iOs) sync and then open up anki on my computer only to find a bunch of reviews left to do, even though I've already done them on my phone. Does this ever happen to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it?
You don't mention syncing Anki on your computer, though I believe the default setting (in Preferences->Network) is to "automatically sync on profile open/close" (that is, on startup and exit).
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
[Ugh, didn't see this post was already answered. Ignore me.]
Edited: 2016-06-26, 1:50 pm
Yes the sync happens automatically when I open the app on my computer of course, but despite that some cards in various decks are still there to be reviewed, again in spite of me having reviewed them on my phone. I've already tried syncing back and forth multiple times but nothing changes, on my computer it says 'studied 703 cards in 60 minutes today' but on my phone I get 'studied 737 cards in 65 minutes today'. It's not the first time that it happens to me, so I thought it might have been a common issue. And I can't sort it out even by forcing the sync in one direction from my computer (download from ankiweb). I usually just end up doing the reviews on my computer again, but I don't have any idea how anki deals with the overlapping results and it confuses me a lot.
Sounds like a bug. Ask on the Anki forums.
Any way to have newly added cards to a certian deck be autotagged? I like to create cards in one deck, then after messing with them move them into another deck but I just want them to be tagged before doing that.
Do you mean bulk tagging? You can select a bunch of cards in the browser and choose "add tags" and it will add the tags to all of the selected cards.
Hi all,

Is there a easy way if I have a list of 10-20 words to find them in a deck and unsuspend them?

My intentions are while reading, instead of making new deck with the new vocab to use a Core 6k deck as it have great audio and unsuspend vocab from it to learn?
(2016-07-27, 2:56 am)vebaev Wrote: Hi all,

Is there a easy way if I have a list of 10-20 words to find them in a deck and unsuspend them?

My intentions are while reading, instead of making new deck with the new vocab to use a Core 6k deck as it have great audio and unsuspend vocab from it to learn?

I would create a csv with the vocabulary and a tag field, import it to modify existing notes, map tag field in imported csv to tags. Then search by that tag and unsuspend.

EDIT: I think you need a plugin to make sure that doing this adds to, rather than replacing your existing tags. If your cards already have tags, make sure you have that plugin before doing this.
Edited: 2016-07-27, 11:53 am
Well, I kind of answered my own question- if you use Anki on Windows, when adding a new card, if you put the tag in when creating the first card that tag will carry over to the next new card you add, etc. Which will work perfectly fine.
Edited: 2016-07-27, 12:56 pm
Is there any addon out there that can "smooth" out your future scheduled reviews?

What I mean is that, if say sometime in the future there is a large spike in reviews- maybe because you caught up on a ton of cards a month back, or something, is there an addon that will identify thouse and space out some of those cards +/- 1-2 days to make it so you don't have this one day of just a crapton of reviews?

If not, I'm kind of interested in making it... it would take me a while though. (Like, think a month. I can program but I know jack about python)
Edited: 2016-08-10, 6:29 am
Take a look at Load Balancer.  After you use it for several days, your forecast graph will be smooth as a marble.
(2016-08-10, 12:29 pm)yogert909 Wrote: Take a look at Load Balancer.  After you use it for several days, your forecast graph will be smooth as a marble.

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thanks a million!
Do people out there have tips for useful ways to use tags?  I have used anki for quite a while but basically never use tags for anything.  Lately I have been consolidating my decks and have been using tags to show where the cards came from so that if I need to I can re-create the separate decks, but that's basically the first time I've used them.
I don't use tags much beyond the way you describe.

However one thing I have used them for in the past is for making filtered decks based on a tag. Sometimes I study the filtered deck, but more frequently I export the filtered deck as csv, change the exported data and then re-import the cards with the changed data.

I also got into the habit of making cards that are easy to confuse with other cards. I can filter the deck based on the mark and then add things to the cards to disambiguate them and/or create a filtered "confusion" deck to study just those cards.
I've been having a problem with anki. I'll say show me a card again in 20 days for example and see most of those card the next day anyway. Does anyone know what this means?
A dumb question but I never learned how to do this: How do I see the other previews for clozed delete if there is more than one? For example, like the one I posted in this thread? Thanks Smile
I don't have anki on this computer, but I believe there is a tab at the top of the card layout window that you can click between cards.
The only tab I see at the top is the type of Note and when I click it nothing seems to happen :/ Here is a full screenshot of the Cards Preview.

nvm. I'm so baka lol. How did I not know how to do this and I've been using anki for years? xD gomen minna
Edited: 2016-09-04, 1:52 pm
Hi guys,

I have a vocab deck I haven't been through in ages, and I basically want to reset all the cards like they're all new again. How do I do that? I can't figure it out
(2016-09-03, 5:19 pm)ktcgx Wrote: Hi guys,

I have a vocab deck I haven't been through in ages, and I basically want to reset all the cards like they're all new again. How do I do that? I can't figure it out

http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#other-menu-items

(Reschedule)
(2016-09-04, 5:43 am)thedoc Wrote:
(2016-09-03, 5:19 pm)ktcgx Wrote: Hi guys,

http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#other-menu-items

(Reschedule)

Thanks, I'll try that
Is there a way to tag all the notes that I import from a .txt file. There was an option in the original anki but I don't see any options
I don't think so, but you could always add the tag to the text file in excel or a bunch of other ways. Or you can multi-select cards in the anki browser and bulk add tags that way. I know it's a few more clicks but I think it's the only way.