Back

多読 Tadoku Reading Challenge

Well, I only ended up at about half of my goal at 263.3 pages. I guess it's that thing where when you have a lot of time you end up wasting it. Though, I wouldn't go so far as to say I wasted it, but I split it between so many different things (and one night of being drunk) that I didn't read as much as I thought I would.
Got some good reading in today and yesterday though (where about 200 pages of that score came from).

How'd everyone else do?
I said I wouldn't join but then I did and read 199 pages. Could have been worse, I guess.
I'm pretty happy with how I did -- I set myself a minimum bar of 50 pages a day every day except Fridays, which I met, and I finished with an average of 87 pages a day. First place was a bit of a bonus -- I was expecting to come second for most of the contest.
JapanesePod101
(2017-04-01, 5:28 am)pm215 Wrote: I'm pretty happy with how I did -- I set myself a minimum bar of 50 pages a day every day except Fridays, which I met, and I finished with an average of 87 pages a day. First place was a bit of a bonus -- I was expecting to come second for most of the contest.

Great round, well deserved first place! Pretty happy with my results too. Managed to read more book pages in two weeks time than I did in the last full round. I also noticed that reading became a lot less mentally exhausting. I've always had problems with long reading sessions in Japanese, but now I can read for 3-4 hours without having to give my brain a break.
Alas, work has been brutal as I expected, and I came in below my original goal (250) at 160 pages. Still, better than nothing I guess. Hope to do better next time around.
Sad I missed this, I just got super addicted to some visual novels and would have done pretty well. I'll try to remember to sign up in May.... though I'm on vacation for 2 weeks then!!

Congrats to everyone involved Smile
I had a goal of 200 pages and reached 114. But I was still satisfied. In the January round I had a goal of 200 for a whole month. So I basically had double the pages. Moreover I didn't feel it was a big problem to read the 114 pages. In other words I feel my reading speed has gone up a bit. There is still a some way to go before I reach some of the very impressive numbers that some of the participants can do. But I will keep pushing forward.