Back

Gintama subtitles

Found a few of them on kitsunekko, but I want to start watching the series from the very beginning and find it difficult to understand great parts of it. Shooter.cn has only Chinese subtitles as far as I could see.
Well, I prefer having the show on my computer as well, but if you can't find the subs right away, I think they have Gintama on crunchyroll.
I think I should have been more clear; I am looking for japanese subs.
JapanesePod101
kitsunekko has so many sub files for gintama. it's not everything but it's still alot
http://kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=su...Gintama%2F
just the first 20 eps sound like a lot. since it's apopular anime there might be people who have blogs that transcribe lines from it. what you to find those blogs (if they exist) is you search gintama + the line you herad from the episode inside quotation marks and when you hit something in google, hope they also transcribed other lines from the episode. maybe also do ichi wa example would be

銀魂 2話 ”お前みたいな”
lol i just made up this line... just to give an example

you could also look into the manga because it's based on it. as far as j-subs that's all there is.
Edited: 2013-04-21, 7:20 pm
I found the japanese sub in kitsunekko for Gintama, however, it doesn't sync with any release online at all? Anyone know the which release does this subtitle match??

http://kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=su...Gintama%2F ( the same link as the guy above ).
I don't know offhand, but given how old those subs are, I don't think you'll ever find the exact video they are timed to. If you're lucky they come from a commercial-free source or the commercials were edited out very precisely, and you just need to adjust the start time to match them to a DVD release or commercial free official streaming source.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to make 3-4 timing adjustments per episode to adjust for where the commercial breaks were.

If you're only going to watch once you'll want to use a player that lets you adjust the subtitle offset time on the fly, if you want to be able to watch it multiple times you'll want to use a subtitle editor.
(2017-01-07, 10:01 pm)SomeCallMeChris Wrote: I don't know offhand, but given how old those subs are, I don't think you'll ever find the exact video they are timed to. If you're lucky they come from a commercial-free source or the commercials were edited out very precisely, and you just need to adjust the start time to match them to a DVD release or commercial free official streaming source.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to make 3-4 timing adjustments per episode to adjust for where the commercial breaks were.

If you're only going to watch once you'll want to use a player that lets you adjust the subtitle offset time on the fly, if you want to be able to watch it multiple times you'll want to use a subtitle editor.

...or you can just use the subtitle file as a transcript, which I think is better for learning purposes.